Getting started with Python
Please download and install CANOPY:
- An integrated Python development environment
- Works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX
- Easy to update packages
- Makes it easier for us to use the same package versions
Once you have it installed CANOPY, please sign in click on the package manager button
- You should see a screen like the following.
- You are going to update the following packages:
- Scroll down the list of Available Packages until you find each package.
- Make use you have clicked Available Packages
- Then click the install button on the far right side.
You are now ready to go!
If you have any issues, we can work through that at the beginning or end of each session.